A fully functioning brake system is crucial to your safety
Full-Service Brake Replacement, Repair and Maintenance
When it comes to important parts of any vehicle, brakes are at the top of the list. It is important to have your brakes inspected, repaired, or replaced by a professional. Sonny’s has been taking care of our customer’s brakes for over 20 years.
Your brakes and how they wear are affected by a number of things
• How you drive, especially your speed
• The material of brakes you used at last replacement
• Whether you tow a trailer
• Haul heavy loads
• Drive through steep terrain
• The type of traffic you drive in
Our customers can depend on Sonny’s to do a thorough brake inspection of all your brake parts and advise you of all your options.
You may have air or moisture in your system if you notice that your brake pedal is spongy or slow to respond. Brake fluid is hygroscopic, which means that over time, it absorbs water. When brake fluid absorbs water, it becomes less effective and can easily overheat and leave you with a spongy pedal. Let us test your brake fluid when we service your car's brakes so we can let you know if it’s time to flush.
Brake Services Offered
• Brake Pads
• Master Cylinder
• Brake Inspections
• Drag Race Brakes
• Proportioning Valve
• Custom Brake Lines
• Big Brake Conversion
• Dual Master Cylinders
• Booster & Hydroboost
• Hydro Boost Conversion
• Disc Brake Conversions
• Brake Booster Upgrades
How do I know when I need my brakes inspected?
• You start to notice that it takes longer to stop your car
• Low brake fluid could indicate a leak or worn out brakes
• Your brake pedal has excessive travel towards the floor
• Brake pedal feels “soft” or “spongy” when braking
• Pulsation or vibrations through the brake pedal or steering wheel while braking
• If your wheels lock up or skid while braking it could indicate that one brake is wearing faster than the other
• Groaning, screeching, squealing, or grinding sound while braking
Sonny’s has many options for brake upgrades. We are happy to take the time to discuss options with our customers to give them the best set-up for their vehicle, truck or SUV.
Some of our most popular upgrades are larger diameter rotors, caliper upgrades, and specialty performance brake pads all of which will prevent brake fade as well as decrease stopping distances which gives you more confidence when driving down the road.